mikestoltz

Had a request from the Scarborough Historical Society....

Question

mikestoltz

I had a request from RIck Schoffield of the Scarborough Historical Society to identify the Police Chiefs of the defunct Scarborough force.   Does anyone have this history?

The Scarborough Historical Society promotes, preserves and stimulates an interest in the history of Scarborough, Ontario. The SHS has grown to be one of the largest and most active historical societies in Canada since its founding in 1956. We collect and share the history of Scarborough from its earliest recorded history to the experiences of our newest residents. 

3 answers to this question

walkthebeat

Mike: tell Rick that one book was published in 1971 entitled: Policing in Scarborough, 1792 to 1957. Author is Donald Taylor. It may have the answers.

There is one copy only at the Cedarbrae Library. Hope this helps.

Steve

walkthebeat

Mike. Tough answer and not a lot written. Back in the day, in some of the 13 towns, villages etc. that made up todays GTA, the Police and Fire Chief were one person. This was true in Forest Hill and Scarborough and a few others. All I have located so far is in 1925, in Scarborough, the Fire and Police Chief was Chief W.F. Scott.

Steve Green

mikestoltz

super, thanks for the info Steve... I'll pass it along

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.