Sign in to follow this  
ErikLepine

Are these real badges?

Question

ErikLepine

Are these real badges? I have an officer that was not part of the operation telling me he thinks that they are repros. In his opinion they are way too heavy and they should have a hallmark at the back, which they don't. He also thinks that the font of the badges should be the same. Can anyone tell if they are real or repros? They are in fact heavy and look way too big to wear on a belt as and identification badge.

They measure 7,6cm x 7,6cm (3in x 3in) and are 3mm (1/8in) thick.

Let me know!!

2ilop6d.jpg

1z5419y.jpg

2 answers to this question

ahp309

I can't imagine any police officers wearing a "badge" for a major motorcycle gang undercover operation.  Also, seems rather odd that each one was made with a different city police logo.  Usually, you see all involved agencies on the same patch, challenge coin, etc.

ErikLepine

They did wear badges for major motorcycle gang operations but probably not undercovers. This unit existed for only 5 years. Today they regrouped and are called the ERM (Escouade Régionale Mixte). The Carcajou operation was started in Montréal with the Quebec Provincial Police and the RCMP as partners. They later opened the Québec city division, which is why you have two different badges with different logos. The officers actually wore these badges. The reason I'm sceptical is because they are quite heavy and have no hallmark. Either they are real or really good reproductions. At the time of the operation they were less than 15-20 officers... which makes me think there shouldn't be a lot of them badges on the market... most of the officers would keep them as a souvenir.

thanks!

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this