admin

Charlesville Quebec - anyone know where this town is?

Question

admin

Ran across this patch from Quebec... but can't find the town in Google Maps or in Wikipedia.  Does anyone know if this town was amalgamated some time ago?  If so, who did they amalgamate with? Is it a fake?

Thanks,
Mike Stoltz

CA-QC-Charlesville-Police-Patch-P-01.jpg

5 answers to this question

mikestoltz

Thanks Hilary... mystery solved!  In fact, here's a summary of the show and a Youtube link.

"At Charlesville, fictional small town in the suburbs of Montreal, police try to perform their duty as best as possible despite the comical challenges. The police chief, Alfred Lamothe and his staff must deal with the director of the local newspaper (a notorious gossip), a successful lawyer who despises them, and the mayor of the city, dedicated to his fellow citizens provided they share the same ideals."

www.Youtbue.com/Charlesville

CA-QC Charlesville L'Agent fait le bonheur.jpg

Radio-Canada TV Show called L'Agent Fait le Bonheur.

lavlev

About Charlesville, this is a TV patch from Radio Canada in 1985 1986. The name if the serie was L'agent fait le bonheur. I had this patch in my collection and got it directly from the production. I trade it long time ago, maybe to Bob???

ahp309

I checked the Royal Mail/Canada Post community listing records.  They show Charlesville in Nova Scotia, and a few small communities that no longer exist in Ontario.  The only place close in Quebec is Charlesbourg, a community that forms part of Quebec city.

admin

Thanks Hillary... does the listing include former communities?

ahp309

Yes, it shows the original name and what it was replaced with.   Records went back to 1851.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.